Work Preparation Engineer
Wefabricate’s mission is to create a fully automated factory, optimized in the most excellent detail on efficiency, quality and speed. We bring ideas to life, ready for mass production, by radically rethinking all aspects of the production flow. Working at Wefabricate is different from anything you’ve experienced before.
As a work preparation engineer, your job will evolve around creating sufficient work instructions and machine files of state-of-the-art equipment. Next to writing and making these files, you are also responsible for the validation of these files during prototype production.
You will become the go-to expert on the technical capabilities of the machines. Next, you will support and review new product designs on DFM (Design for Manufacturing) while working with a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers. Training will be provided by Wefabricate either internally or at the equipment suppliers. An affinity for planning is a pre.
You have an eye for detail and have a broad overview of everything that needs to be done. You work closely with other team members and departments to ensure everything is done as efficiently and quickly as possible.
- Basic knowledge of electronical components (pre++);
- Being able to speak, read and write in English;
- Working in a structured manner;
- Having an eye for detail and a clear overview of everything that needs to be done;
- Have affinity for planning and an eye for detail;
- You dislike inefficiencies, whether this related to processes or all kinds of overhead activities. Even more important, you don’t just dislike them, but you figure out ways to eliminate them;
- You are motivated to go the extra mile to achieve a next-level goal;
- You like to take responsibility, and often you deliver more than what is expected from you;
- You want to work with talented people in a team set-up, you want to keep on developing yourself.
What do we offer you?
- Be part of a manufacturing revolution and join as one of the first 200 employees, a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing tech company’s blueprint;
- All Wefabricate pioneers are selected carefully, and therefore we promise you; you will work with the finest engineers able to challenge you on your innovation journey. You will outperform yourself day by day and help others around you to outperform themselves as well;
- We believe people should always be our limiting resource, not technology. Therefore, we will make sure you will have the best technologies/machines to work with;
- You will receive a laptop and iPhone that can be used for personal use as well;
- Working at Wefabricate is a joint adventure, and therefore, we facilitate numerous team events and (free) daily lunch and dinner;
- We believe everyone within Wefabricate is able to determine what conditions work best for them. Flexibility is key. For example, you determine your working hours (evenings and weekends are also possible);
- If you make overtime hours, these will be compensated either financially or as extra holidays – you decide;
- We offer market-competitive benefits, including a yearly bonus and 30 leave days.
Wefabricate wants to ignite a revolution in the manufacturing industry. In doing so, we don’t transform towards automation, but we take automation as ground zero. This enables us to deliver faster, perform better, and ramp up mass production in no time.
The same line of thought is embedded in our way of working: we don’t like inefficiencies like overhead, recurring meetings, and micromanagement. We believe talents in our organization perform at their best when they are facilitated, not managed.