Software Application Engineer
Wefabricate’s mission is to create a fully automated factory, optimized in the most excellent detail on efficiency, quality and speed. We bring ideas to life, ready for mass production, by radically rethinking all aspects of the production flow. Working at Wefabricate is different from anything you’ve experienced before.
In the world of software, it is often hard to make your work tangible. At Wefabricate, a software engineer directly impacts the creation of physical products we produce for customers worldwide every day. Building an autonomous factory calls for capturing hundreds of years of craftsmanship, both code and robotics. And it is precisely this challenge software engineers at Wefabricate spend their time with a multidisciplinary team of manufacturing and robotics engineers.
- You have a strong proficiency in either Python, Java, C# or React;
- Have the ability to dissect multidisciplinary problems;
- Are comfortable with version control and unit testing;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset;
- You dislike inefficiencies, whether this is related to processes or all kinds of overhead activities. Even more important, you don’t just dislike them but figure out ways to eliminate them;
- You are motivated to go the extra mile to achieve a next-level goal;
- You like to take responsibility, and often you deliver more than what is expected from you;
- You want to work with talented people in a team set-up and keep developing yourself;
- Being familiar with containerized architectures is considered a bonus;
- Being comfortable with one of the global cloud platforms Azure, AWS or GCP is considered a bonus;
- Exposure to CI/CD workflows and tools is considered a bonus;
- Experience with Github, Jira, Drone is considered a bonus;
- Experience with the manufacturing industry is considered a bonus.
What do we offer you?
- Be part of a manufacturing revolution and join as one of the first 200 employees, a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing tech company’s blueprint;
- All Wefabricate pioneers are selected carefully, and therefore we promise you; you will work with the finest engineers able to challenge you on your innovation journey. You will outperform yourself day by day and help others around you to outperform themselves as well;
- We believe people should always be our limiting resource, not technology. Therefore, we will make sure you will have the best technologies/machines to work with;
- You will receive a laptop and iPhone that can be used for personal use as well;
- Working at Wefabricate is a joint adventure, and therefore, we facilitate numerous team events and (free) daily lunch and dinner;
- We believe everyone within Wefabricate is able to determine what conditions work best for them. Flexibility is key. For example, you determine your working hours (evenings and weekends are also possible);
- If you make overtime hours, these will be compensated either financially or as extra holidays – you decide;
- We offer market-competitive benefits, including a yearly bonus and 30 leave days.
Wefabricate wants to ignite a revolution in the manufacturing industry. In doing so, we don’t transform towards automation, but we take automation as ground zero. This enables us to deliver faster, perform better, and ramp up mass production in no time.
The same line of thought is embedded in our way of working: we don’t like inefficiencies like overhead, recurring meetings, and micromanagement. We believe talents in our organization perform at their best when they are facilitated, not managed.