IT Support Engineer
Wefabricate's mission is to ignite a revolution in the manufacturing industry: create a fully automated factory. In doing so, we don't transform towards automation, but we take automation as ground zero, optimizing in the most excellent detail on efficiency, quality, and speed. We bring ideas – solutions and products – to life and ramp up mass production in no time!
We believe our people can be at their best when they can focus on the things they love to do. So, we avoid inefficiencies like recurring meetings and micromanagement. We want to see you grow and develop your talent and excel, because we strive for efficiency in everything we do. That's how we enable our people to go the extra mile and how we do not manage, but dare to rely on you!
As an IT Support Engineer at Wefabricate, you are an essential part of the IT team that builds, maintains, supports, and improves the complete IT infrastructure and services that support the whole company. Your main objective is to be your colleagues' first point of contact when it comes to IT-related incidents and requests. You will assess the nature of the incident or request, resolve it yourself, or route it to the responsible team or colleague. Furthermore, you assist our team by proactively monitoring the infrastructure and resolving issues before they affect operations. You provide valuable insights to our team by analyzing incidents for root causes, and we design and implement high-quality solutions together.
This is a unique opportunity for an IT professional at the start of their career to work directly with modern IT technologies to further develop in multiple facets of the profession. You will encounter different types of hardware, operating systems, software development, networks, security, cloud applications, data analysis, and more. These disciplines are represented within the team and in the teams you support. In this team, you will often be confronted with complex problems that require creativity and analytical thinking. Solving these problems is not only challenging and educational, but also helping an entire organization!
- Education or experience in system administration and/or IT operations;
- Knowledgeable about Microsoft operating systems (Windows and/or Windows Server);
- Experience with Microsoft 365 services;
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking;
- Knowledgeable about Linux operating systems (nice-to-have);
- Experience with Microsoft Intune (nice-to-have);
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English and Dutch);
- Quality orientation;
- You dislike inefficiencies and figure out ways to eliminate them;
- You feel an unstoppable urge to learn and need to be surrounded by a talented group of people continuously challenging you!
What do we offer you?
- Be part of a manufacturing revolution and join as one of the first 200 employees, a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing tech company's blueprint;
- All Wefabricate pioneers are selected carefully, and therefore, we promise you you will work with the finest engineers able to challenge you on your innovation journey. You will outperform yourself day by day and help others around you to outdo themselves as well;
- People should always be our limiting resource, not technology. Therefore, we will make sure you will have the best technologies/machines to work with;
- You will receive a laptop and an iPhone. You can use it for personal use as well;
- Working at Wefabricate is a joint venture, and therefore, we facilitate numerous team events and (free) daily lunch and dinner;
- We believe everyone within Wefabricate is able to determine what conditions work best for them. Flexibility is key. For example, you can determine your working hours (evenings and weekends are also possible);
- If you make overtime hours, these will be compensated either financially or as extra holidays – you decide;
- We offer market-competitive benefits, including a yearly bonus