Wefabricate’s mission is to create a fully automated factory, optimized in the most excellent detail on efficiency, quality and speed. We bring ideas to life, ready for mass production, by radically rethinking all aspects of the production flow. Working at Wefabricate is different from anything you’ve experienced before.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Category Purcahser to join our team. The category purchaser carries accountability for establishing and maintaining an adequate supply chain to support the wider and long-term objectives of Wefabricate.
You act as the eyes and ears towards the external environment, and approach procurement from an outside-in perspective. The category purchaser understands the external market, constantly develops knowledge of its sector and is the expert it it’s field of business. It connects and applies its knowledge to relevant developments within the internal organization, required to set the standards in our factory and materials.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, has excellent commercial skills, is able to build and maintain long-term strategic relationships with relevant suppliers and carries a passion for manufacturing and technology.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or technology;
- Preferably 0-5 years of experience of procurement in a technical environment;
- Capable of establishing and maintaining strong strategic, long-term supplier relationships;
- Good organization skills required to identify priorities and opportunities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with relevant technology and software, such as ERP systems;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset;
- You dislike inefficiencies, whether this related to processes or all kinds of overhead activities. Even more important, you don’t just dislike them, but you figure out ways to eliminate them;
- You are motivated to go the extra mile to achieve a next-level goal;
- You like to take responsibility, and often you deliver more than what is expected from you;
- You want to work with talented people in a team set-up, you want to keep on developing yourself.
What do we offer you?
- Be part of a manufacturing revolution and join as one of the first 200 employees, a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing tech company’s blueprint;
- All Wefabricate pioneers are selected carefully, and therefore we promise you; you will work with the finest engineers able to challenge you on your innovation journey. You will outperform yourself day by day and help others around you to outperform themselves as well;
- We believe people should always be our limiting resource, not technology. Therefore, we will make sure you will have the best technologies/machines to work with;
- You will receive a laptop and iPhone that can be used for personal use as well;
- Working at Wefabricate is a joint adventure, and therefore, we facilitate numerous team events and (free) daily lunch and dinner;
- We believe everyone within Wefabricate is able to determine what conditions work best for them. Flexibility is key. For example, you determine your working hours (evenings and weekends are also possible);
- If you make overtime hours, these will be compensated either financially or as extra holidays – you decide;
- We offer market-competitive benefits, including a yearly bonus and 30 leave days.
Wefabricate wants to ignite a revolution in the manufacturing industry. In doing so, we don’t transform towards automation, but we take automation as ground zero. This enables us to deliver faster, perform better, and ramp up mass production in no time.
The same line of thought is embedded in our way of working: we don’t like inefficiencies like overhead, recurring meetings, and micromanagement. We believe talents in our organization perform at their best when they are facilitated, not managed.